A. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDANCE
Provide evaluation, monitoring and assistance to students regarding their career choice and academic performance.
B. INDIVIDUAL GUIDANCE PROGRAM (IG)
This requirement aims to monitor the students’ academic performance and attendance to ensure better academic outcome at the end of the semester. With the approved revised guidelines in referring students prior to their enrollment, effective Summer 2010, from among the Deans’ referrals, the students who are classified in the Individual Guidance Program (IGP) are those who incur 35% and above academic failures in the last semester attended. They are required to personally submit their Prelim and Midterm grades for evaluation.
C. LEARNING and ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (L.A.P.I.S)
It is a program of the Guidance Center that aims to assist International Students who have academic deficiencies. Specifically, this program serves as an intervention strategy for International students who failed more than 40% of their total academic units but at the same time, it seeks to help students avoid future academic failures for the rest of their collegiate journey in SLU.
Inspired by the Parable of the Pencil termed as lapis in Filipino, we believe that International Students who are struggling academically are never beyond hope. It is the aim of this program to provide an opportunity for International Students to freely express themselves, increase their self-awareness, and explore on opportunities and services that are available for their optimal adjustment to University life.
- To provide Group Guidance to International Students who are struggling academically in order to contribute to their academic success.
- To deliver Individual Counseling to promote positive well-being among the participants.
- To generate a research output for program improvement and development.
Phases of the L.A.P.I.S. Intervention program
- Phase 1: Conduct Group Guidance Orientation to International Students
- Phase 2: Conduct Group Guidance and Psychoeducation to International Students
- Phase 3: Conduct follow-up and Individual Counseling